Sunday, August 3, 2008

Winds of change...

And so it's time for a change... I'm talking about a change of jobs... Friday was my last day at Siemens, and I'll be joining Samsung from Monday. The two years at Siemens were a lot like Life - a mixed bag of experiences. I must say I learned a lot in these two years... As I look back at those two years, I feel that yes, He indeed gives one what one needs, not what one wants. The real world is a place infinitely more complex than University, and He gave me what was necessary to deal with this world. To deal with different kinds of people - it takes all kinds of people to make a world! To deal with situations when things do not always go your way. But most importantly, to have a positive outlook irrespective of the challenges Life throws at you. Sometimes, you do not realize the significance of the goings-on around. But I'm a great believer in Destiny - whatever happens, happens for a reason. There were times when I thought, "Man, why am I stuck with this lousy work?", or, "Definitely, this is not what I'm here for!". But as I look back upon such times, I feel that those were the times that shaped me. I guess when we are fresh out of University, we all have very lusty ideals, about the kind of work that we'd want to do. And when the script doesn't play the way we want it to, we start feeling disappointed, or frustrated, or both. But then, everything has a place of its own. You just have to slug it out. And be patient. Yes, I think that is a virtue which is the most important in this world. And my first job taught me that. Finally, I think a part of learning is to learn How not to do things as much as how to do them right! Well, I've made my share of mistakes on the job. Each of them taught me something. Success is what you get when you achieve what you set out to do. Experience is what you get when you don't.... I'm looking forward to start a fresh innings tomorrow, learning from the successes and experiences of the last couple of years....
Cheers!

No comments: