Sunday, August 24, 2008

Window shopping... but at a price!

About half an hour of browsing in the Pepe Jeans store proved costly for me today! The cost of the browsing - 300 bucks :( ... Had planned on meeting a few friends, and we decided to meet in Cafe Coffee Day (CCD) at around 6 in the evening. To avoid the peak hour evening traffic, I left early and was there at our rendezvous point about half an hour earlier. After parking my motorbike on the pavement in front of CCD, decided to check out some of the brand stores next to the CCD outlet. After spending some 25 minutes checking out the new arrivals in the store - and talking to a friend I ran into - I came back, only to find my motorbike missing from the spot I'd parked it in! A guy standing by the 'parking lot' told me that a towing van had come a few minutes back. Now I'd thought that the parking was for CCD customers, and parked it without a second thought. To get the motorbike back had to go to the nearest police station, and pay the fine and towing charges. Well, one helluva costly round of window shopping!!

No comments: